- Tray, or foil with edges turned up, to catch the drips
- White coffee filters ( the basket type)
- Droppers (ours came in a pkg of two at CVS for 2.99)
- Small jars or mugs (paper cups will tip over)
- Food coloring or food coloring gel. Mix with water and 1 tsp vinegar. If you want the color deeper, add more coloring.
Set everything out for the children.
Show then how the dropper works
and then STAND ASIDE. They will do the rest.
Don't be afraid of a drippy mess! The tray will catch the spills and the filter will absorb the liquid.
Let the colors merge and watch the new colors form .
Making designs with the colors is fun too !
They are working on fine motor skills using the dropper. And they are learning colors and what happens when they mix them.
The process is always more important then the product!