AUTUMN
DECEMBER 2012

February 11, 2011

FARM FRIDAY



Peek a boo!  
Gilligan and George, our male Pekin ducks, have taken to exploring the yard these days. With most of the area buried under two feet of snow, they make their way down the different paths. 
It's fun to watch them waddle their way down to see the horses or go to the snow piles to see the children playing, or to join the hens who are just chilling out.

And if there is any water or mud, those areas that have been warmed by the sun, they will be sure to find them.

Of course, they are always looking for treats of romaine lettuce, peas or corn. But luckily they are being very polite these days. . .  mating season hasn't begun quite yet  :)


    I'm taking part in Farm Friday hosted by Wabi-Sabi Wanderings.

                 happy day!

3 comments:

W-S Wanderings said...

Ducks! They're lovely, Marcia. Now I want ducks. This Farm Friday is turning into a Bad Influence, my husband will claim. The list of "Farm Animals I Want" keeps growing longer. Ducks.

Many thanks for playing along. I appreciate your support :-)

Blessings and light...

Marcie said...

Your ducks are wonderful subjects for a photo-essay! I wish I knew them! lol! They would make great characters in a picture book. Thanks for sharing them!

Razmataz said...

Aren;t they just wonderful. A sweet pair.