AUTUMN
DECEMBER 2012

April 27, 2010

YOUNG NATURALISTS



"Naturalists are very observant, they take their time in nature, they take in every detail and notice the changes all around them", I reminded the children.

It became a game "WHAT DO YOU SEE?", that I repeated every 20 feet or so. It got them to look and really take notice.

I see a mushroom















I see more green. . .it's algae.






















I see fungus.

I see new leaves, soft and silky.














I see the tulip closing up because it's a cool, cloudy day.














I can hardly see the bird's nest now,
but this other one is still visible. 
I see tiny purplish flowers in the grass.


















I see how different the dandelion looks after a rain.















These were only a few of our discoveries at Harmony Woods Earth School today.

And the children always find time to go play with the angora rabbits




and end their day with a game

This is Day 21 in the Great Outdoor Challenge. VISIT the others who play!



No comments: