AUTUMN
DECEMBER 2012

December 14, 2010

11 THINGS - REVERB 10



Day 11 Prompt: 11 Things. 


What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? 




My life does not need:


1. A blaring television.
 Noise pollution is real. It prevents a coming together of family and of conversation.  We can be all together doing different activities, instead we often choose to find a quieter space elsewhere and end up in separate spaces. Perhaps headphones for the ones who need them will enable all of us to stay together .


2. Extra time spent searching for ideas
I need to stop spending time looking for cool things to make and do instead of drawing from the inspiring list I already have. Sure, there are more great ideas out there, but one gets nothing accomplished by just searching and not doing


3. Cluttery chaos
I live by the mantra "a creative mess is better then tidy idleness" so our house is lived in with many projects and activities taking place at one time. I am all about living and not about presenting a perfect showplace to others. 


However, there are areas that have gotten ahead of me. The cluttery chaos areas. I look at them and sigh, and honestly don't know where to begin. And no, I don't need the TV crews of Neat or Clean House to arrive, I just need to begin. One step at a time, one corner at a time, one pile at a time. My 12 yr old said we should do it together after the holidays. That is our plan. 


 4.The ducks. 
I should have found another home for the ducks more than a year ago. Their care adds so much work to all the other animals we do have and makes life less than joyful. We have to have separate areas for the males and female, and one male bites!  I am a firm believer that if something is not working in your life, then you need to take a step to make life better. But the guilt seeps in and I change my mind as they were rescues to begin with and I promised this would be their forever home. And it doesn't help that we found the female duck dead yesterday. More guilt seeping in. Two males are left. We are choosing to keep them but life would be better without them. On a positive note the children in my Earth School love them.  


5. Junk food.
I believe in healthy eating and wholesome organic food, and honestly could live on vegetables, rice and beans, but I also LOVE junk food. There I said it. I admitted it. I know I do not need it and I will never get into shape eating it. It's my mind that needs it, not my body. Did I just figure this out???
 I need to get back to tracking what I eat and preparing and stocking up on snack foods that are sweet and healthier instead of buying the junk. I will feel better, look better and have more energy ( to attack the cluttery chaos!)




The rest are Negativity in people form as in :
 6. Those who think children should be seen and not heard (nor respected).
 7. Those 
who are in my life but are so uninvolved


 8. Those
 who feel they are superior and talk about others as less than
 9. Those who relish in the act of complaining but do nothing to make changes in their life.
10.Those who *copy*. It's one thing to be inspired, even great artists are inspired by other artists, but it's another to take on ideas, plans, goals and even phrases and pass them off as their own .
11. Those who think they know whats best for another person, be it adult or child, without believing in choice


Life will be more peaceful, joyful and productive, and I will have more energy and be quite productive, if all of these are out of my life in 2011. Wish me luck!




reverb 10 - reflect on this year and manifest what's next


 I am behind in my reverb posts. But it doesn't mean I haven't pondered each question, which is the most important. I just haven't had time to write as yet.  All in good time :)


happy day!







No comments: