AUTUMN
DECEMBER 2012

May 30, 2010

CHANGE IS GOOD



I always feel good when I make some changes to a room or add in a new color or fabric. Change is good. To see things in a new light, or add empty space where there was none, is always refreshing.


I painted the inside back of a tall bookcase purple, or in precise terms *Vintage Claret* ( by  B.M.).


 The vintage claret color flows with a few toss pillows (by Susan Sargent) . . .
a painted dresser in the kitchen, and these *funky* painted island legs which have the same color.

I took down the large quilt on the wall, that we use to cozy up the great room in the colder months,
 and moved the bookcase to that long inside wall, along with a bench and a small wallhanging.  The bookcase blends right into the wall as they are both painted clementine. I told you my house was *funky* and full of color !
I thought of adding one or two more tall bookcases, and attach modeling to the fronts so they have that built-in look, but eventually, there will be a spiral staircase to the loft where the bench and small wallhanging are now.  
To access the loft now, we move the bench out a bit and climb a ladder. The kids do,that is, not me :)

 Everything takes time, and most everything takes money, but there are usually small things we can do and change around our house and property to make ourselves happier


I like to think positive and look at what we *have* done and not dwell on all the things we still need to do.  I have always called it our *joyful journey* and it still is.


happy day!

1 comment:

Valarie said...

I love the purple in this bookcase and I'm a huge fan of Susan Sargent. Such very colorful changes. Enjoy.