AUTUMN
DECEMBER 2012

May 2, 2010

SUNDAY STROLL


I awoke to a symphony this morning, as beautiful birdsong filled the air.

I purposely keep my bedrooms curtains on a tension rod and hang them lower on the windows so my eyes can first see Nature upon awakening.
There is a delight to each season, from birds in the trees, to the varied colors of Autumn, to the way the snow clings to the branches.


This morning, in addition to birdsong, I heard branches breaking and crackling just beyond the pines. A family of deer were making their way through the woodlands stopping to eat delectables along the way.
It was one of those moments when I needed to be still and appreciate the moment, to take in their beauty without running off to get the camera and hoping to get a shot before they disappeared.

I was inspired to start my Sunday Stroll earlier this morning even before horses were fed. Nature was calling me.

Creatures were everywhere . . .



even the hens and ducks, who weren't locked in their houses, had survived the night .. thank goodness!


New life was springing forth everywhere I looked. . . 
         

               

         



              

May your day be happy 
and may you make discoveries that fill your heart with JOY.

4 comments:

Marcie said...

I'm having trouble with my internet connection today. You may get two versions of this comment! :)

Anyway... Your photos are lovely, green, and bright! We are having a breezy, overcast Sunday. I'm so glad you shared your beautiful early stroll through nature!

Cloudhands said...

What a delightful, colorful fun walkabout. Thanks for letting me tag along. I especially liked the birds, wild and tame. I have a terrible time trying to catch pictures of birds that aren't blurred.

marcia said...

Thank you to both of you.

I usually have blurred birds in my pictures too but I lucked out this time. I used my daughter's camera, it probably helped. It's much better than mine.

~marcia

Linda said...

A lovely Sunday stroll. Great photos of the birds.