AUTUMN
DECEMBER 2012

May 21, 2010

FRIDAYS FLOWERS



 I  just read an article about how important it is to make our house and our lives beautiful for US, not just company that comes to visit, but the people that live in the house day in and day out. It made mention of always having fresh flowers to enjoy. 


I LOVE flowers but don't always have a bouquet on hand. And why not? Nowadays I can pick up a bunch at the market if flowers are long gone in my own garden. I plan to make a point to always have flowers.


It is so true how life is all connected, and very timely, that I came across FIMBY who is hosting Fridays Flowers. ( Thank you Lise!)   JUST PERFECT!


So as the sun was descending in the sky, I rushed out and gathered flowers from my front yard. Fridays Flowers will now get me in the habit of having flowering beauties IN my house as well as out.

8 comments:

Lise said...

Thanks for the mention!! Your bouquet is beautiful. Funny, our lilacs are past already, just across the state. For us, rhodys and lilacs have their own time. Hmmm...wonder what I'll be able to pick next week in Maine?

Lise said...

p.s. Oh...I see now they're azaleas. Makes more sense to me now! :-)

renee @ FIMBY said...

Marcia,

How lovely to "meet" you and thank you SO much for joining in. I couldn't agree more about making our lives beautiful each day. Flowers are such a wonderful way to do that. The bouquet is just lovely also! Makes me smile looking at it (flowers do that to me).

Rana said...

Beautiful bouquet. I love the purple!

Shawn @ Daffodil Lane said...

I've so enjoyed seeing everyone's different sweet bouquets. Yours is lovely, and I agree, our homes should be pretty for us and our own family!

Cheryl said...

Lovely flowers. I wish we could have flowers in the house, but they bring my husband's hayfever out. I have plenty of flowers in the garden to enjoy, and I do sneak them in sometimes.

The homesteadingcottage said...

Such a good idea!! And what lovely flowers you shared with us this Friday (: I might just have to join in on the Fridays Flowers myself!

Valarie said...

Simply a beautiful bouquet. I'll check out Lise's sight as well. Enjoy!