AUTUMN
DECEMBER 2012

June 6, 2010

SUNDAY STROLL- GARDEN

I took an early morning Sunday Stroll in the garden today.

Tomato seedlings have been planted: Chadwick Cherry, Yellow Pear, Arkansas Traveler, Cherokee Purple, Stupice, Wisconsin 55,  and two other yellow cherry tomato plants a family member gave to me.  Swiss chard, carrots, mesclun mix, lettuce, cukes and beans are also in.

The peas are growing . . . 
 and there are more strawberries to harvest.
Flowers are in bloom and we have an abundance of daisies near the house and in the meadow.
Other flowers are in bloom . . . 




  



and others are waiting for a new trellis . . . 
  
And still others are waiting to burst forth . . . 




If one is still enough , even garden visitors can be captured on camera . . . 





"I used to visit and revisit it a dozen times a day, and stand in deep contemplation over my vegetable progeny with a love that nobody could share or conceive of who had never taken part in the process of creation.  It was one of the most bewitching sights in the world to observe a hill of beans thrusting aside the soil, or a rose of early peas just peeping forth sufficiently to trace a line of delicate green. " 
~Nathaniel Hawthorne

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Oh beautiful! My husband put plants and seeds in our vegetable garden today. I wanted to wait for a sunny day, but he forged on without me. lol!

Your flowers, your veggies plants, and your garden visitors are really fresh and pretty!

softearthart said...

I love summer in the garden, all is growing ans blooming, cheers Marie