AUTUMN
DECEMBER 2012

June 8, 2010

TIME TO REST

This house is usually a bustle of activity at this hour of the morning but not today. The children are still asleep and all events have been cancelled for the day as we take time to rest and nurture ourselves back to health.


There is not a sound heard inside only the joyful symphony of birdsong coming from the outdoors through closed windows.


Napping is good and even our animal friends (who are all in the great room) agree.




As for me, after witnessing the antics out the kitchen window in the garden with a squirrel, two chipmunks, a  cardinal, and a hare,  I have had my daily dose of laughter and need to slowly but surely make my way to the barn. Animals still need care no matter how we feel.




And perhaps I will come back to the house and take a nap.



Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap. ~Barbara Jordan

5 comments:

Valarie said...

I hope everyone gets a lot of rest and feels better soon. I love you quote today and whole heartedly agree. be well and better soon.

Cheryl said...

Hope you all feel better soon. I love seeing the photos of your feathered and furry visitors. Thanks for sharing.

Fadas de Luz said...

Seu blog é lindo. Me faz lembrar o sítio onde morei com toda natureza ao meu rdor. Parabéns.

marcia said...

Margarida,
Muito obrigado e fico feliz que você veio me visitar.

dia feliz!

marcia said...

Thank you Valarie and Cheryl. We are all resting and feeling much better. It's nice to wipe out the whole schedule and just *be* ...too bad it took us to be sick to do that lol